The Gila Bend Family Resource Center (FRC) gives parents and caregivers the tools they need to support the cognitive, emotional, and physical development of their young children. Funded in part by First Things First
, the Gila Bend FRC is a place where families can be connected to the community resources they need - all in one place! Our focus is on early childhood literacy, parent education, nutrition, health, and child-centered activities.
The FRC offers several workshops, classes and educational clinics for young children and their parents or caregivers each month. Incentives are given for participation in all classes, workshops and clinics, families who participate in 8 or more classes are eligible for a quarterly field trip or special event.
Subscribe to our calendar
and be the first to know about a new class/workshop and get updates and reminders about our events via text and/or email.
Programs, resources, and referrals are provided for family members of all ages and the community. Programs are available at no cost or low cost.
- Southwest Behavioral & Health Services: Comprehensive behavioral health services to youth and their families.
- Native Health Counseling Service: Available for children ages four years and older who have experienced loss, trauma, behavioral, or emotional problems.
- DUET: Grandparents raising grandchildren.
- Printing, Faxing, and Copies Services
- Laptop and Wi-Fi use
- Telephone services
- Baby Bags
- Hygiene Bags
- Transportation Services: Solar Express & Route 685
- Application Services
- Suicide Prevention