March 11, 2023
Gila Bend Public Shooting Range
Maricopa Road (Hwy 238)
Gila Bend, AZ 85337
$10 Entry Fee/participant
Gila Bend Shoot-Off
Saturday, March 11, 2023
This is the 1st annual Gila Bend Shoot-Off. The competition includes 6 preliminary categories plus an overall. The winner of each pre-lim category will get a ham, then advance on to the overall to compete for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medal.
FEE: $10 per participant entry fee
You will receive one target for the competition. Please, print your full name on the back lower right-hand side of the target. In the case of a shoot-off or the final stage of the competition, additional targets will be provided at no additional cost.
SUB JUNIOR – 5 years old to 10 years old
JUNIOR – 11 years old to 17 years old
ADULT LEVEL 1 – 18 years old to 29 years old
ADULT LEVEL 2 – 30 years old to 54 years old
SENIOR – 55 years old and older
Ladies Only Round- (OPEN) 10yrs and UP
1) Each competitor will fire three rounds at the center dot of the target. The closest single round to the center of the dot will be scored for determining the winner. The other two shots will be scored to break ties. In the event that more than one competitor scores equally for the win, a 3-shot shoot-off will be completed.
2) Competitors may use any caliber rifle or handgun firing a single projectile. All targets will be placed at the 100-yard line for the competition. Pneumatic rifles are allowed in the competition.
3) Competitors may use any shooting position they prefer including the bench. Bi-pods or sandbags may be used to support the barrel/forearm of the firearm. The buttstock must be supported by the body, shoulder, or hand, with absolutely NO mechanical or sandbag supports. Any questions or concerns about supporting devices will be addressed by the Rangemaster.
4) Each round will consist of two shooters at one time. Only the individuals shooting and Rangemasters are allowed on the firing line.
5) The winner of each Category will receive a ham as their prize. Each category winner will then shoot in an overall winner bracket for a first, second, and third-place overall winner. A medal will be awarded.
1) All sub-junior and junior competitors must be always accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
2) All firearms must be unloaded until on the firing line. If not shooting or preparing to shoot firearms should remain cased or stored safely. When caring a firearm muzzle must remain always pointing up except, when on the firing line. No fingers on triggers unless shooting.
3) Absolutely no drugs or alcohol are allowed on the range. Prescription drugs are allowed if they do not impair the user. No person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be allowed on the premises.
4) You must comply immediately with any safety calls by the Rangemaster. Violation will resort in disqualification and loss of fees.
5) Horseplay will not be tolerated at any time. Violation will result in disqualification.
6) Volunteer Rangemasters, if competing, MAY NOT act in that capacity during their category or if shooting in the final round.
Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
Always keep the muzzle in a safe direction.
Be sure of your target and beyond.
+1 keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.